graphic

 

 

Des & Margot Meehan have a long history in Castlebellingham, this began when Des’s late father Dermot Meehan purchased the entire estate including the castle in 1958 from the Irish Land Commission for £3,065.00. Dermot Meehan spent several years converting the house into a hotel.The Meehan family sold the hotel and 17 acres in 1967 to Mr John Keenan, in 2012 it was acquired by the Corscadden family.

The Meehan family retained the remainder of the estate since 1958 which includes 70 acres of mature parkland, the coach stables, cottages and the walled gardens. Over the last number of years, their son Mark Meehan restored the coach stables to its former glory, planted hundreds of trees and continues to develop the estate.